Skip to content
- Approximately 33 FBI student Explorers are divided into three squads led by Special Agents and Professional Staff who are mentors
- Explorers are introduced to a different stage of the investigation process, including areas such as interviews, surveillance, hostage negotiation, and takedowns.
- Sessions include special speakers, training, and dynamic hands-on exercises.
- The final session is a graduation ceremony held at the FBI range in North Chicago. Students and their guests have an opportunity to participate in a firearms safety and familiarization session.
- Explorer sessions are typically held every other Thursday from September through April from 4:30-6:30 PM at the FBI Chicago Office.